LM James West, Ted Belanoff, Mauricio Camejo and Aravind Kumar tied for 2nd. With his result, Belanoff raised his rating to 2200 and became a National Master but a re-rate left him 1 point short of NM level.
Anthony Norris was the U2000 prize-winner and Brandon Ng was the top U1400.
John Moldovan's opening round draw with West was the biggest upset.
Ari Minkov (1993) was 4th. Ramon Garcia (1906) & Michael O'Connor (1739) split the U2000 prize. Kevin Huang (1516) was the U1600 winner. U1250 honors went to Alexander Xue (1245 on the September supplement) and Darshan Patel (910).
Alexander Xue also scored the biggest upset. In round 1 he defeated Howard Weiss, who out-rated him by more than 700 points.
Because of the GoDaddy attack, our regular e-mail address isn't working.
To contact us call 732-499-0118 or 760-583-8429.
For now, please send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for your patience during the outage.
Here are the preliminary, final pairings for the 2012 Chess Mates Championship, as made by WIN-TD:
1. Adelson, Serge (3.0) - West, James R (2.5)
2. Macaspac, Arthur M (2.5) - Zilbermintz, Lev (2.0)
3. Norris, Anthony (2.5) - Moldovan, John (2.0)
4. Pedersen, Roger E (1.0) - Mendonca, Schnaider (1.5)
5. O'Connor, Michael (1.0) - Ghosh, Raja (1.0)
6. Vinson, Robert D (1.0) - Warrick, Ralph (1.0)
7. Race, Doran (0.5) - Renna, Joe (0.5)